Sunday, January 27, 2013

Spicy Sake Ahi

I gotta admit, I love Trader Joes.  Great folks, good food and unbeatable prices.  When one opened up here, I wondered what all the fuss was about, but when Mrs. Wraith insisted we go, I found myself amazed at the selection and value.

Last time we went, we ended up bringing home some ahi steaks, and I decided to make an experimental marinade.


 
Here's what you'll need:  Ahi steaks, a Ziploc bag, green onions, soy sauce, chili garlic paste, sake, ground ginger...
 
 


...and ground mustard.  Chop the green onions, reserving some of the tips for garnish.


Add 1/2 c soy sauce, 1/3 c sake, 2 tsp chili garlic paste,



And 1/2 tsp each of the ground ginger and ground mustard.
 
 


 
Close the bag and shake well to mix.  Add the ahi and marinate for a couple of hours.  Sear each side, then cook about 10 minutes on medium-high heat.  Garnish with onion tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment