Monday, June 29, 2015

Cajun Pesto Chicken

Do what?  Yes, it actually worked out very well, and it's one of those quick-and-dirty 10-minute recipes that you can pull off on short notice.

Serves two, multiply the ingredients as you see fit.

Take a chicken breast and slice into strips about the size of those on a chicken salad.

Season with Zatarain's or your favorite Cajun spice mix.  Cook thoroughly in a couple tsp. olive oil--about 3-4 minutes on high heat.  (Strips don't take much time.)

While this is going on, boil up a pot of water and drop in about 8 oz. of pasta.  I had some spinach linguine lying around, but you can use whatever style and flavor you prefer.  Even plain pasta will work--I promise I won't track you down and set your house on fire if you use it.  (If you're into Miracle Whip, however, we're gonna have us a talk.  Repent now.)

Once the pasta's done and the chicken's seared, drain the pasta, throw it and the chicken back in the pot and toss them with pesto.  Serve.

Sorry, no pics.  I came home from work and had to throw dinner together at the last minute, since my wife was doing something frivolous like pursuing her Bachelors' degree.  I know, I know, what a waste of time.  But this really turned out well, and I'd recommend giving it a shot if you have nothing better to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment